- To use creative problem-solving skills to design a t-shirt for an annual tennis tournament that raises money for the Cancer Community Center of Maine;
- To understand the importance of being involved in a real-life, authentic learning experience.
During the process of creating the designs for the T-shirt I encountered a few problems. One of the problems I faced was trying to incorporate a strong female image in my first and forth design. I decided to do what a lot of other kids were doing and made a colored female tennis player. How ever I didn't want to completely copy the idea so I made the women one color and the tennis racket another. I also put a square in the background to make it more visually appealing. And for my third design I didn't want to put in the same thing but a different position so I colored it differently to outline the clothes and the skin.
I think my successes when woking through the process was varied. When making the designs I worked to try to make them original, which was hard. I also think that the placement of the words and the image was something I did well. I tried to work with the negative space, because there weren't many words, and make something that drew people's eyes to the title of the event. I also tried to incorporate all the colors to make the title and image relate in a way. All together I think I did well, but that's my opinion.
In the end I was very happy with the results. Not all the designs looked identical in layout which is something I was very worried about. And on the back I also made the logos work with the words so it didn't look like I just slapped them on in the last minute. The design it self looks different in contrast to other past t-shirts done. The project was for a great cause and I am happy I was able to be apart of it.